Advice for Women and Girls
Seeking support can often be difficult, we offer a safe space for you to talk about any challenges you may face. We are judgement-free nor do we tell you what to do, rather we help you to understand your options and explain what you can do.
IKWRO supports women from the Middle East, Afghanistan, and BME (Black & Minority Ethnic) communities across the UK.
We give advice on "Honour" based violence, forced marriage, child marriage, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), domestic violence, seperation and divorce, child custody, housing and benefits all in the following languages - Farsi, Kurdish, Dari, Arabic, Pashto, Turkish, and English.
What we can do
We can support you in a number of ways including:
- We can speak with clients on the telephone, at our London office or at another place which is safe and convenient for them.
- We can also provide an advice clinic, for example at a local community center, GP surgery or youth club.
- Make referrals for housing or immigration advice including to Legal Aid providers and we can accompany them to appointments.
- Liaise with the police, social services and others to keep our clients safe.
- Provide translation services, or speak on our clients behalf
- Provide expert evidence in court proceedings: Write letters and statements for court proceedings in a range of case types
- We can also provide expert testimony in court to ensure that judges are fully aware of the issues that Middle Eastern and Afghan women and girls can face.
- Support and counselling: We give emotional support to all clients and offer a free counselling service in Farsi, Kurdish, Arabic and English.
If you need our support, you can contact us via the following:
Telephone advice Monday - Friday 9:30am-5:30pm at 0207 920 6460.
if you require advice outside of these hours call:
07846 275246 (for Kurdish/Arabic/English) or
07846 310157 (for Farsi/Dari/ English)
This service is provided by IKWRO.